Founded in 1991, MPC Social Services is one of the longest-serving charitable organizations in Moscow. We provide food assistance, medical care, education, and economic empowerment to poor and marginalized people. Each year, we support over 2,000 of Moscow’s immigrants, refugees, low-income families, and pensioners in need. MPC runs five types of programs:
- Food assistance for pensioners, refugees, single-parent families, and Russian/African biracial families.
- A free medical advice center where doctors and nurses volunteer their time to assist individuals who cannot afford health care.
- The community center, a drop-in safe space for our clients with a library, computers, Russian and English language classes, and donated clothes.
- The Task Force against Racism, which reports on racially motivated attacks against immigrants in the Moscow region and provides counseling to victims of violence.
- The Seeds of Hope Farm, which creates jobs for underemployed immigrants and volunteer opportunities for the entire community while giving MPC’s clients access to organic produce.
Radio France Internationale, Africains sans-papiers de Moscou on the lives of African immigrants and refugees, by Muriel Pomponne. May 25, 2016.
Russie Info, A l’aide des enfants africains en Russie on the volunteer-led French and Russian education program, by Claire Dufay. May 24, 2016.
Deutsche Welle, How Nigerian girls are forced into prostitution in Russia by Emma Burrows. April 21, 2016.
Moscow Times, MYSL & MPC Social Services Intercultural Friendship Day by Lucia Rodriguez. October 20, 2015.
Moscow Times, MPC provides support network to migrants by Katie Davies. September 2, 2015.
Moscow Times, African migrants find a home at Moscow charity by Evan Haddad. September 2, 2015.
Colta.ru, В рабстве photo essay on Nigerian women who escaped sex trafficking, Татьяна Егорова. August 20, 2015.
Moscow Expat Life, MPC Social Services “putting on the Ritz” for their November charity ball by Helen Borodina. December 5, 2014.
BBC Trending, Rapping for Putin by Neil Meads. November 25, 2014.
LA Times, African migrants describe “hell on earth” by Ann M. Simmons. November 2, 2014.
CCTV Africa, Ebola xenophobia in Russia by Jack Parrock. September 24, 2014.
Russia Beyond the Headlines, Farm project sows seeds of hope by Lara McCoy Roslof. September 17, 2014.
LavkaLavka.Газета, Поддержи неместного фермера!, Ян Евтушенко. 22 апреля 2014.
British Council, “Refuge” photo exhibit by Matthew Webb. February 4, 2014.
Voice of America, Africans in Moscow struggle with snow and harassment by James Brooke. March 13, 2013.